- Break a piece of this solid bubble bar off and hold under running water for a luxurious bubble bath!
This recipe makes 9-10 4-5 oz bubble bars.
How to use: break off 1/4 of this bubble bar and crumble / lather like soap under running water to create luxurious bubbles.
1 Cup (10oz) baking soda
1/2 Cup (5oz) SLSA
1/3 Cup (2oz) corn starch
1/3 Cup (2oz) cream of tartar
1/3 Cup (2oz) Tapioca Starch
Up to 1/3 cup glycerin
1 Tbsp your choice of oil
Your choice of skin safe colorant. I used pink and purple glycerin colors and it worked great!)
For this tutorial you will be making this recipe twice so you will need twice the amount of Each ingredient handy!
Laying a towel down before you start your creation is a easy way to make clean up quicker!
1. Slowly combine dry ingredients making sure you are wearing a face mask 😷 and gloves to protect your skin, lungs and eyes. SLSA is very powdery and will create a lot of dust so pour very carefully and slowly.
2. Mix well
3. Add skin safe color, fragrance and oil then mix well.
5. Slowly mix just enough glycerin in until there is no longer any crumbs or dust left. This should remind you of play dough and should not be sticky. There is a fine line between too dry and too wet
6. Reappear steps 1-3 with your 2nd color.
**If you get the mixture to wet add just a tad more of the corn starch and cream of tartar. Start with a tbsp. each until you reach your desired consistency. For this tutorial you need a play dough like texture
7. Flatter the other color on top of your first color.
8. Roll out flat as possible with rolling pin.
9. Roll your bubble bar using the sushi roll technique.
10. Tuck in each side of your DIY Bubble Bar log until you have nice round edges.
11. Leave to dry. This can take 24 hours – 3 days depending on how humid it is and how much glycerin you used.
12. Gently slice your bubble bar.
13. Run your bubble bar under warm running water for a fun Lush inspired bubble bath.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you have any questions or comments below.
Store your DIY bubble bar in a cool dry place.
I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about DIY projects and crafts. Thank you for the support