Activated charcoal is a well-known toxin remover, making this mask both cleansing and soothing for your skin and pores.
Before we get in to my DIY charcoal face peel I want to cover some basics. First, I should stress that there is a certain type of charcoal you need to use. DO NOT, please do not, use the charcoal that you would grill with. You need food-grade, activated charcoal powder.
Non metal mixing utensil AND bowls.
This makes about 2 full face mask or 4 nose strips!
* do not mix your mask with anything metal. Activated charcoal pulls out toxins from metal!
1. Mix dry ingredients.
2. Boil water.
3. Thoroughly mix wet and dry ingredients.
4. Make sure the mixture isn’t to hot and apply to face with a makeup brush. Preferably a small one. Do not place
face peal onto any spots that have hair! This will pull out black heads, white heads
and tug and pull on hairs!
* wash your face with warm water before you apply the face peel to open your pores. Taking a warm shower would be even better!
5. Let completely dry. If you try to peal before it’s dry it won’t pull the blackheads.
6. Wash off any remaining face peal with warm water and pat dry.
7. Use a healing face serum to soothe any redness like the CBD Hemp Oil Infused Face Serum from Canna Spa Bath Co designed to help your skin prevent wrinkles and heal itself! (Use the code CANNAQUEEN for 10% off your total! ) Rose Hip Oil is another great option.
Don’t use this face peal more than once a week!
Tip: wrinkle your face a bunch to help the cracking begin. If it hurts or your are having trouble getting it off don’t worry, just wash your face with water! 👍”
I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about DIY projects and crafts.